Tuesday, May 20, 2008

SERIOUSLY?

Seriously? Seriously? Seriously? You are basing your MOH decision on looks? Seriously? Your sister is too short and your best friend is too fat and you are stuck! Seriously? You don’t want people looking down at your sister which would take away from YOU. You don’t want people looking at your best friends 40DD’s because that would too take attention away from YOU!

I can’t even begin….YES THE HELL I CAN!

I don’t know why, why oh why I am oh so shocked at the shallowness, insecurity, blatantly disrespectful, narcissistic, hating brides! But here I am…disgusted. Is this what your life is truly about, is this the big picture?

I think that we all need to stop taking such behaviour so lightly…yeah it’s funny or flippant to call someone a Bridezilla for the definition:


Bridezilla
(a portmanteau of bride and Godzilla) is a generic term used to describe a difficult, unpleasant, perfectionist bride who leaves aggravated family, friends and bridal vendors in her wake. A bridezilla is obsessed with her wedding as her perfect day and will disregard the feelings of the family, bridesmaids and even her groom in her quest for the perfect wedding.


But I went a little deeper to find out really, what is happening to these, I use the term loosely, women. Here is what I find to be more accurate:

Disordered narcissism

Lack of empathy is a hallmark of narcissistic disorders, and sufferers find it extremely difficult to understand others' (and their own) emotional states and impact. This poses serious problems in maintaining close or intimate relationships. They may find it difficult to perceive or admit this flaw, or may reinterpret it as a virtue.

It is also worth noting that the individual expressions of grandiosity or arrogance vary with the person's value system. A person will generally attempt to display superiority as they define it.

· Overreacts to criticism, becoming angry or humiliated

· Uses others to reach goals

· Exaggerates own importance

· Entertains unrealistic fantasies about achievements, power, beauty, intelligence or romance

· Has unreasonable expectations of favorable treatment

· Seeks constant attention and positive reinforcement from others

· Is easily jealous

· Has a sense of entitlement

· Is interpersonally exploitative

· Lacks empathy

· Displays arrogant behavior

· Displays haughty behavior

A friggin’ personality disorder. If anyone, ANYONE, was to reduce my relationship, friendship down to something so, so…I can’t even find the word. But I tell you what, the decision would be made for this disturbed individual of where I WON’T be in her wedding and where I WON’T be in her life.

CHECK YOURSELF

*Note: This situation is not a personal client. And now that my rant is over, I will pray for her.

No comments: